You will meet and network with:
By attending Surface Warships 2013 you can expect to meet programme managers, commercial directors, department heads and those who have direct operational experience of commanding surface vessels.
The event will bring together the maritime community and provide the ideal forum for discussion of new design questions, the utility of modular vessels and architectures, the integration of modern combat systems and the challenges faced in putting a capable force to sea in times of constrained budgets.
Event highlights for 2013 include:
World-class panel of speakers, with new and senior-level input from the Turkish and Brazilian navies and the support of the Spanish Navy
Brand new focus on maritime combat systems, with analysis of battle management equipment, weapons systems and naval C4I
Continued examination of warship design and the utility of modular systems
Download the Brochure
Welcome to Surface Warships 2013
Exploring the design, procurement and operation of the modern surface combatant
**NEW for 2013 – Dedicated Combat Systems and Weapons Focus**
Take the opportunity to speak with systems managers and learn about challenges and solutions to difficult integration issue
Surface Warships will provide the ideal environment for industry and naval professionals to discuss innovative future designs and the need to keep current vessels battle ready through capability upgrades and refits.
Attend Surface Warships 2013 to:
- Explore the developing requirements of global surface combatant programmes in order to help identify potential improvements in your own projects
- Examine the need for multirole surface vessels, the potential for modular vessels and clip-on capability and the ways in which navies are succeeding in doing more with less
- Discuss advances in technology that could help to decrease the number of crew required to operate a surface combatant: Will there ever be a totally unmanned vessel?
- Debate the lessons gleaned from recent operations and how this is likely to shape future procurements. Can you base future decisions on past experience given the change in operating environment?
Key issues discussed at Surface Warships 2012 included:
- The future warship - will modularisation affect the role and nature of the Surface Combatant?
- How are Naval forces leveraging technological advances to increase warship self-defence and survivability?
- Addressing and managing the ageing fleet - a look to future upgrades and refits to avoid capability gaps
- Delivering a cost effective surface combatant fleet to operate within a diverse threat environment - a balance of cost versus capability
Listen to your Surface Warships podcasts
How will warship armament develop in the coming years?
We speak with Rear Adm. (Rtd) Massimo Annati, formerly of the Italian Navy and currently working as chairman of the European Working Group on Non-Lethal Weapons (NLW). He has an abundance of first-hand knowledge on the subject of warship armaments, and as such, makes for an ideal guest to help us understand the shape of modern naval artillery ahead of his presentation at this year’s event.
DCNS surface combatant industry update
Defence IQ talks to Jean-Marie Dorbon, FREMM product line manager, DCNS on the success of their FREMM programme, managing costs versus capabilities and the future technical capabilities that we could see for surface combatants. DCNS are an associate sponsor at Surface Warships.